Friday, October 18, 2019

Fife 'n Drum - Kent, CT

One afternoon last weekend, Lee and I headed to Kent again just to go to the Fife 'n Drum.  The minute we walked in the door we were greeted and seated.  They brought our drinks to us quickly and we never had to request refills.  Lee ordered beef stroganoff for his meal and creme brulee for dessert.  I ordered chicken with a thyme sauce and veggies and peach, blackberry cobbler for dessert.  Lee loved his creamy beef stroganoff and I'm not always a fan of chicken, but it was cooked very nicely.  It wasn't dry and icky, the veggies were yummy and the sauce was delicious.  Our desserts were also good.

I was impressed by their wait staff.  The restaurant got very busy and the service didn't falter.  That's how things should be done!!  I know how hard it is to wait on tables, because I did it more than once and I sucked. I would always forget things.  I'm still not sure why I ever got a tip. Pity, I guess. That's why I admire people who can do it so well.  It's a hard job.

There is only one thing that wasn't good and that is that we were only given a menu with meal type entrees and this was lunch time.  We weren't given the options of burgers and sandwiches, which we saw many people order after us.  They must have been regulars and knew about this secret menu that we we not made aware of.  If you go there for lunch, definitely ask for the sandwich menu too.  That's the reason they didn't get a five pumpkin rating.  I don't like feeling bamboozeled!!

Rating: 🎃🎃🎃🎃

www.fifendrum.com





No comments:

Post a Comment