Thursday, August 29, 2019

Chuck's Steak House - Danbury, CT

My favorite thing about Chuck's is the salad bar.  There really aren't any other good salad bars around this area, and the bread on this salad bar is always fresh and crusty. I also love their french onion soup. The wait staff is always good and I appreciate how they help each other out.

My husband and I recently went there for the early bird and surprisingly, the menu is more extensive than most early bird menus.  Lee ordered the top sirloin with a baked potato and I ordered the grilled pork chop with a baked potato and a red sauerkraut. We both had the salad bar.  Lee's steak was well cooked as were my pork chops.  My only complaint, and it may just be me, is the sauerkraut had way too much caraway in it.  I couldn't eat it.  I didn't go hungry by any stretch of the imagination.  The food was good and they also make a good burger.  I've also had the stuffed sole in the past and there was a time that it was cold in the middle.  I'm hesitant to order it again.

The food is not earth shattering, but you can always have a decent meal there.  It's also a nice atmosphere for small events or gatherings.

Rating: 😋😋😋

www.chucksdanbury.com


No comments:

Post a Comment