Saturday, August 17, 2019

Cover Two Sports Cafe - Sandy Hook, CT

The restaurant is new to us, but we used to go there when there were different owners.  The first thing I noticed when we walked in was that it did NOT smell like stale beer and...vomit anymore!!  Yippee!  We were greeted immediately and our server was a lovely young lady.  Good start.  Lee and I went back and forth about ordering nachos and that's what we did.  They were pretty good, but it's hard for me to really judge, because someone (not me) likes them with just cheese and olives.  For lunch Lee ordered a hamburger and I had the Philly cheese steak.  They were both okay.  My sandwich definitely needed more cheese and fewer peppers and onions.  Lee's burger was huge, but nothing to write home about.  We both got tater tots and yum.  Tater tots are the bomb!!  Because we ate nachos before our meal, we brought home half of each sandwich. 

We didn't have to ask for drink refills.  The service was very good.  It wasn't bad for a sports bar.  I think we need to try it again to get a better feel for the food.  The table next to us got 2 different kinds of wings and they looked delicious. 

Rating: 🍔🍔🍔

www.covertwosportscafe.com



No comments:

Post a Comment