Sunday, August 4, 2019

Murphy's Pub - Newtown, CT

Lee and I decided to go to Murphy's Pub for lunch today.  We haven't been there in quite a while and I think the last time we were there was about 2 years ago to see The Murphy's Law Band and eat dinner.  The entertainment was great and the food was very good.  For the sake of being completely transparent, we have known the Murphy family for a long time and I will do my best not to let it influence my review.

There weren't many people there when we arrived, but it had just opened for the day.  As time went on the bar seats filled up with people eating lunch and enjoying a refreshment.  The bartender came to us quickly and got our drink order.  (A soda and a water, we are light weights).  Lee ordered a Rich's reuben with fries and I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, which is very unusual for me these days.  It was very cool that Lee ordered Rich's sandwich, because he worked with Rich Murphy and his uniform shirt is hanging in the restaurant.  Sadly, Rich passed away two years ago in October and we definitely felt his absence while we were there.

On a brighter note, we received our lunch in a timely manner and the food was awesome.  It may have been the best cheeseburger I have ever eaten.  It was juicy and flavorful.  Sometimes burgers can be very bland, but this one was well seasoned and didn't even need ketchup.  I used to be a burger aficionado, before my dislike of ground beef, and I have to admit that was one yummy burger.  Lee also really liked his reuben.

We will be going back soon for dinner and to hear a band.  I'm already looking forward to our next visit.

Review: 🎸🎸🎸🎸

www.murphyspubnewtown.com


No comments:

Post a Comment