Thursday, February 13, 2020

Evergreen Inn and Tavern - Woodbury, CT

This is the place that used tho be the Curtis House, which Lee and I loved.  We were so sad when it was sold and renovations began.  Both of us really liked the old world feeling and the comfort food menu at the Curtis House.  It was awesome to go there on a Sunday afternoon for lupper (lunch and supper combo).  We were curious about the changes that the new owners have made.  They are a couple from California.  I was praying that they didn't turn this beautiful old Inn into a trendy spot.

Hubby and I decided to give their brunch a try.  We walked in and it looked updated, but not destroyed.  Something was missing and I couldn't put my finger on it.  Then I realized that the charm is gone!  It felt kind of cold.  Too much trying to mix in modern, but that's just my opinion.

We both ordered the 3 course menu.  Lee had French onion soup, eggs benedict florentine and chocolate cake.  I ordered a caesars salad, eggs benedict with pork belly and chocolate cake.  Lee's soup was not good at all and my salad was slightly wilted.  Our eggs came out with broken, clumpy hollandaise sauce and salad on the plate.  I really wish the server had asked me if I realized that I was getting 2 salads.  The eggs were cooked well and the pork belly was tasty.  The service was on the slower side.  We had to ask for forks for our dessert, which was actually the best part of the meal.  I wasn't impressed and probably won't return.  In all fairness, I really loved this place before, so I may be being a little harsh.

Rating: 🍳🍳


www.evergreeninnwoodbury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment