Tuesday, February 25, 2020

G. W. Tavern - Washington Depot, CT

This was another beautiful Sunday ride!!  The tavern had a warm and cozy ambiance.  Many photos and busts of President Washington adorned the dining areas.  The room with the bar has a huge fireplace and it appears that there is outside dining during the nice weather.  Very homey.

Our server was one of the best we have ever had.  She was on the ball with everything even though it got quite busy.  She was exceptional!! Lee didn't even have to ask for more coffee. The food was meh.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything great.  Lee ordered a breakfast skillet that was good and it came with toast and fruit on the side.  I had the quiche with a small salad.  Unfortunately, my quiche was cold.  Not a sitting around cold, but a not completely cooked through cold.  I do really like when I get a salad or fruit with my brunch.  It's nice to have a little freshness. 

Before I give you my rating I want to say that there won't be many reviews for a while.  Lee and I have decided to eat at home more due to all the viruses going around.  Maybe I will take pictures of our dinners (only if they look good) and post them with a recipe, if there is a recipe.

Rating: 🍍🍍🍍

www.gwtavern.com




1 comment: