Sunday, February 23, 2020

J. Lawrence Downtown - Bethel, CT

Lee and I went to J. Lawrence last weekend for brunch.  The place was hoppin'.  We were seated near the bathroom, which wasn't a problem, but it was freezing.  The waitstaff was friendly and discombobulated.  Lee ordered steak and eggs with coffee.  He said it may be the best steak and eggs that he ever tasted.  I ordered eggs benedict.  I wasn't thrilled with mine, but it was my own fault.  I didn't wear my glasses while reading the menu so I didn't see that there was avocado on the benny.  I don't like avocado and it was mushed up so I couldn't even get rid of it.  YUCK!  Other than me being a dufus, the food was good.

The service was another story.  It was not good.  Lee asked for more coffee twice without getting a refill, no spoon and had to request sugar.  I would think those things would be automatic.  The staff seemed a little chaotic and unorganized.  I personally think that service is as important as the food being good. 

Rating: 🍳🍳🍳

jlawrencect.com

I forgot to take a picture of the food so you get to see my sleepy dog.


1 comment: