Sunday, July 28, 2019

Hopkins Inn and Restaurant-Warren, CT

Yesterday, my sister, Mel and I went to a wedding at Hopkins Inn.  To begin with, the location is absolutely beautiful!!  It overlooks Lake Waramaug and incredible mountains that are full and lush.  I couldn't imagine a more picturesque location for a wedding, lunch or dinner.  There are tables outside for the regular restaurant.  The inside is an authentic Inn with very nice decor and there is a winery on sight. 

The cocktail hour was outside and the everything I tried was good.  There were mini crab cakes, stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, shrimp toast,  brie, crackers and cheese, chicken satay and more.  Dinner was set up in one of the dining rooms.  It began with a fresh salad with dressing.  I'm not sure exactly what the dressing was, but I liked it.  For dinner, we had our choice of entrees.  I got the prime rib, the gentleman next to me got schnitzel, and his wife got scallops.  Every dish was amazing and cooked to perfection.  My prime rib came with shredded potatoes and zucchini.  We were all members of the clean plate club!  This wasn't the crank stuff out wedding food, this was top notch food.  For dessert we had a decedent chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling and coffee. Then, they brought around a plate filled with pastries.  I just gained weight writing this review!!

The wait staff couldn't have been any better.  Water and drinks were filled immediately.  The staff was attentive and polite.  Out table was served all together and we weren't left waiting.  To top it all off, our table had the nicest group of people, which made this wedding even more fun.  Great food, great company and a great day.

Congratulations Cathy and Shawn!

Rating: 💕💕💕💕💕

www.thehopkinsinn.com

Me and my sister, Melanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment