Sunday, July 7, 2019

Blu Pointe Newburg, NY

We weren't planning on going to this restaurant, but we were in Newburg to visit George Washington's Headquarters and we just followed the river until we found a place to park. All the other places were jam packed. I said to Lee that I thought that this restaurant looked a little pricey and I was correct.  When we entered, the hostesses didn't pay too much attention to us and then asked if we wanted to sit inside or outside.  I, of course, said inside. We were led to an open dining area that had a roof, but it was basically outside.  I could touch the people walking on the sidewalk.  We didn't mind too much, because the weather was beautiful and there weren't any bugs. Bugs piss me off!  The first waitress was very uninterested in waiting on us.  The rest of the wait staff and there were many, were very nice.  It was fun watching the boats on the Hudson River and the ambiance was good.

I think I'm going to do a pros and cons section so you don't have to spend too much time on my ramblings.
Pros:
Right on the water
Waitress asked before she cleared the table
Kept our drinks filled
Yummy bread and tapanade with eggplant
Tasty desserts

Cons:
Never told that there were specials (heard another waitress tell other patrons after we ordered)
I ordered my steak medium and it was given to me well done
We were never asked if our meal was okay
Other patrons were given more attention
Told me that I was getting greens as a side and I got broccoli
I was given two very small potatoes. Smaller than a golf ball

This is what we ordered:
Me
NY strip steak 10oz with a sherry peppercorn sauce $34
Berry panna cotta, mixed berry coulis, honey cake (eeww), meringue, and chantilly cream $11

Lee
Swordfish charcoal grilled fillet, cucumber tomato quinoa, Tuscan kale. with a lemon saffron emulsion $36
Vanilla bean creme brule, whipped chantilly cream, petite baked meringue. $10

I'm going to start giving ratings that will correspond with holidays or time of year or weather.  I will give the ratings from 1-5.  1 being cocky and 5 being freaking awesome!!
Rating 🌞🌞🌞

Overall our experience was pleasant and a treat that we won't be doing again any time soon.  If you have an occasion where you don't mind dropping some coin, this is a nice place to go.
www.blu-pointe.com




No comments:

Post a Comment