Monday, July 22, 2019

The White Horse - New Preston, CT

The White Horse Country Pub & Restaurant has rustic decor and a British leaning menu.  We have been there many times and have always enjoyed the food and the ambiance.  Our visit yesterday was definitely not up to its usual standards.  I'm hoping it was lacking because of employees being on vacation or the heat or there was a really awesome party the night before.

Lee ordered the filet mignon eggs Benedict with home fries and fruit.
I ordered the bacon,cheese and tomato quiche with home fries and fruit.  I've had the quiche before and enjoyed it, but something wasn't quite right this time.  We waited almost 25 minutes for our food.  Lee's filet was cold and my quiche was rubbery and my fruit was hot.  Obviously my plate had been sitting under the heat lamps, while the meat was almost being cooked (barely warmed).  Lee's coffee cup remained empty for quite a while as many members of the wait staff passed by our table and a few were just hanging out in the server area.  It was so bizarre, because it's always been one of our favorite places to eat.  One positive note is that their home fries were good and I'm picky about home fries, but I wasn't crazy about the warm fruit.  We are going to give this another try, because maybe it was just one of those days. 

Sometimes when I'm doing these reviews, I feel like Statler and Waldorf, the grumpy Muppets in the balcony.

Rating: 🍳🍳🍳

www.whitehorsecountrypub.com


No comments:

Post a Comment