Tuesday, July 9, 2019

JK's

Not that JK's really needs to be reviewed, because everyone in the greater Danbury area already knows how great it is.

JK's is the "Cheers" of Danbury!!  There have been very few, if any times, that we did not walk in and know at least one person.  There was one time that I was there for lunch with a couple friends and between the three of us we knew every single person in the place.  It's not just a place to eat, it's a gathering place where everybody knows your name.  It's a place to see old friends and meet new ones.

The food is consistent.  You know when you go there to eat that your food will be really good and prepared in a clean environment.  JK's is primarily famous for their "Original Texas Hot Weiners" , but there are so many other delicious items to choose from.  My husband's favorite breakfast sandwich is ham, egg, cheese, link sausages and fried onion on a toasted hard roll.  He likes to call it the DMV, because it's worth the wait! LOL!  I don't know if I have a favorite, I order according to my mood.  Everything is good so you can't go wrong with anything you order.

The one thing that makes JK's so amazing is the staff.  When I was in the hospital and out of commission for quite a while, I received messages often that the waitresses and busboy were asking about me.  After being away for months and in isolation, the first place I went was JK's.  When I walked in, the waitresses all stopped by our table to say hi and how happy they were to see me out and about.  They welcomed me home and that's what JK's is, it's a home.  A home where you are fed, feel comfortable and cared for.  It's so much more than a restaurant,  it's a warm comfy blanket of nourishment!

😍😍😍😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment