Monday, July 22, 2019

Jim Barbarie's Danbury, CT

Friday was my birthday so Lee and I were going to go to White Horse, but they don't accept the free entree coupon on Friday and Saturday dinners.  Then we tried Black Angus, but they had a 2 to 3 hour wait.  UGH!!!  I don't wait for food!  Tommy did offer us two seats at the bar, but...umm...NO!  Finally we decided to go to Jim Barbarie's.  It used to be the go to restaurant, but has slipped a little the past few years.  I was willing to give it another try, because we hadn't been there in a few years.

Lee ordered the special lobster bake and I ordered the surf and turf scallops and steak.  I was excited to have a salad with my all time favorite salad dressing, creamy garlic.  Our salads arrived and I was enjoying the yummy dressing, when all of the sudden, I feel a foreign object in my mouth.  I thought, oh crap did I just break a tooth, did a filling come out?  As I manipulated the object out of my mouth, I realized it was metal.  I cleaned off the object and it was...a small screw.  I handed it to Lee and he called over the host, who apologized and offered me a free appetizer.  I definitely wasn't touching the salad again, so I got stuffed clams, which I shared with Lee.  Barbarie's always had a good stuffing and the clams were good, even though I had kind of lost my appetite.

We received our entrees and Lee's food looked very good.  My stuffed scallops were sweet and properly cooked, my steak was bland even with a sauce on it and slightly tough.  I ate one scallop and a little steak, but I was very turned off at this point.  I didn't want to make a big deal, so I didn't say too much, I just asked for a doggie bag. We opted not to get dessert.  As we were leaving, the gentleman at the front said to us that a drink is on him next time we go there.  One problem, I don't drink.  Anyway, this review breaks my heart.  I wanted to say wonderful things, but I have to tell the truth and it wasn't wonderful.  I still had a really good birthday, despite the food fiasco.

The servers were nice except for one young man who looked annoyed to be working on a Friday night. I get it, I was young once too.  Wait, I am still young!

Rating: 😞😞😞

www.barbaries.com







No comments:

Post a Comment