Sunday, July 14, 2019

DinerLuxe New Milford,CT

I have 2 reviews to do today, but I'll focus on DinerLuxe for this review.  I'll try to get to the other one later today.  I'm beginning to think that we eat out way too much!  Lee always wants to eat out, because he hates when I get the stove dirty.  LOL!

We have been to this diner many times and it looks like a throw back from diners in the olden days. Hahaha!  The service was very good, as usual.  There was a young family in the booth next to us and the waitress was commenting to the family how cute she thought the kids were.  With that one of the kids said, "You should see our dog!"  We all cracked up.  I don't generally laugh out loud, but that was very funny and cute.  There's nothing better than starting a meal with laughter.

Lee ordered the meatball grinder with fries and I ordered the jitterbug with fries and veggies.  It's not something I would usually order, but my Mom always ordered that and she was on my mind, so I gave it a go.  Lee liked his grinder, but he does prefer his meatball grinder from another restaurant.  The nice thing was, that they gave him extra sauce on the side without having to ask.
My jitterbug was good.  The gravy was a little too sweet for my taste, but it wasn't bad.  The veggies were really good with peppers, onions, zucchini and summer squash and who doesn't love fries smothered in gravy!  We skipped dessert. We were full.

Pros:
Very friendly wait staff
Food served in a timely manner
Above average diner food

Cons:
Lee's soda not refilled (that's being picky)

Rating: 🌞🌞🌞🌞

www.dinerluxe.com


No comments:

Post a Comment