Saturday, July 6, 2019

Carriage House Patterson,NY

Happy 4th of July weekend!!

First of all, I want to stress that this is only my opinion!!  There are things that I don't like that many people may enjoy very much. I have a friend that loves everything I don't like and visa versa. I'll be like, "I hate that place" and she'll say, "I love that place." For example:  I hate salmon, so any review of a salmon dish will be my husband's opinion. I don't care for sour cream, mayo or raspberries. I don't eat sushi or blue cheese for medical reasons.  I also don't drink alcohol.  Those are the big things.  I'm sure more things will pop up as we venture through a food extravaganza.  Okay, that was an exaggeration of epic proportions!! LOL!

I do have a couple pet peeves that I will most likely grumble about more than once.

1.  I hate when a server starts picking up plates before everyone is finished eating.  I'm sure that comes from my childhood, because my mother would get mega pissed if we ever picked up our plates before she was finished eating.  Now, as an adult, it bugs the crap out of me too.  I think it makes the person who isn't finished eating feel rushed.
2.  When a glass is empty, no one should be waiting for a long time for it to be refilled.  I mean people could choke to death, especially if the food sucks.
3.  Another thing, and this may just be me, but I don't like when they put raspberry sauce under my dessert.  Don't even drizzle that shit near something I'm going to eat.
4.  Waiting forever for someone to take my order, for food to come out (within reason) or to get and pay a check.  I do take into consideration how busy a place may be or a kitchen that can be backed up.

On to reviewing:
We went to Carriage House for lupper (the meal between lunch and supper).  I ordered the Carriage House Philly and Lee ordered the salmon BLT.
Lee always orders that and he loves it!! Salmon with mixed greens, bacon, tomato, remoulade sauce on a brioche bun.
My philly was okay.  Thinly sliced seasoned steak, broccoli rabe, caramelized onion, provolone cheese on a crispy garlic wedge.  I thought it was light on the steak and very heavy on the broccoli rabe which made the bottom of the roll soggy. I'm not a fan of a soggy bottom.  It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't what I was looking for. Half a sandwich filled me up. I will try it again and say no broccoli rabe.
Both orders came with fries and they were very crispy. Nom nom!
Lee got a root beer float for dessert and I had cheesecake, which I shared with Lee.  They were both good except for that blasted raspberry drizzle under the cheesecake.

All in all a big thumbs up, because we have never had a bad meal there and the wait staff is very good.  They are friendly and fill up Lee's soda in a timely manner.

Mangia Peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment