Saturday, September 7, 2019

Augies Numero 1 Restaurant and Pizza - Danbury, CT

Oh, what to say about Augies!  Those of us who live in Danbury know that Augies was sold a while ago and some drama ensued. I don't care about the drama, I care about the food.  I honestly don't notice much of a difference in the food since the sale. 

The place was busy when we got there and they were expecting a large group.  The room was not properly set up, because we were literally concerned about how we could get around to the front door when it was time to leave.  We were table blocked.  It was very weird.  We have been there before with a larger crowd and we were set up in the room to the right when you walk in, but this time the group was set up to the left, in front, and there was no room to move.  There were also tables that were unusable because of the setup. 

Anyway, the service was good.  Lee ordered his usual stuffed shells with a salad and I ordered chicken parm with penne pasta.  Lee liked his stuffed shells, but he never met a stuffed shell that he didn't like.  The bread was fresh and the garlic focaccia is good to dip in sauce.  My chicken was okay.  I must say that I am not a huge fan of their sauce.  It's a little too acidic for my liking.  I wish they would throw a raw carrot into the sauce while it's cooking, just to get the acid out and get a slight sweetness.  There's my two cents on that matter. HAHA!  I may be a sauce snob.  I didn't grow up in CT, I grew up in Poughkeepsie, NY and the Italians in my hometown really knew how to cook.  When Lee tasted Italian food in NY, he understood the difference.  I think the best Italian food in Danbury is made by Rocco at Anthony's Lake Club, but I haven't been to every Italian restaurant here yet.  Time and taste buds will tell.

Rating: 🍝🍝🍝


No comments:

Post a Comment