Thursday, September 19, 2019

Hudson House River Inn - Cold Spring, NY

Lee and I went to the Hudson House River Inn for brunch a couple weeks ago. The setting of this Inn is beautiful.  It's right on the Hudson River and across the street is a gazebo.  There are many benches surrounding the gazebo, so no matter where you sit you can enjoy the beautiful scenery.  The Main Street is lined with quaint shops, so plan on making a day of your visit.  We will be returning in the fall just to witness the changing leaves.

The wait staff was exceptional and the food was an elevated brunch food.  We both had a delicious bowl of lobster bisque.  It wasn't just the essence of lobster, there were chunks of lobster in every bite.  That honestly would have been more than enough for me, but the brunch included an entree.  I had the Maryland crab meat and spinach omelette finished with a dijon mustard sauce and hash browns.  Lee had the Land and Sea, which consisted of a petite New York strip steak, bordelaise  sauce, cajun shrimp, horseradish mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.  Both dishes were made to perfection.  My eggs were not overcooked and Lee's steak was a juicy medium.  He absolutely loved the cajun shrimp and asked me if I could make it for him.  Maybe I'll try one day.  The coffee and water were filled without asking. 

The Inn was very nice with a fireplace in the bar area and wide plank floors.  The only complaint I have is that the bathroom wasn't very clean.  The floor didn't look like it had been scrubbed in a while and the corners were filled with dirt.  This was very disappointing and it made me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Rating: 🌄🌄🌄 (would have been more if it wasn't for the bathroom)

www.hudsonhouseinn.com



No comments:

Post a Comment